Order, disorder, and metalation of tetraphenylporphyrin (2H-TPP) on Au(111)
Edmondson, Matthew Richard
MetadataShow full item record
A thermally induced order–disorder transition of tetraphenylporphyrin (2H-TPP) on Au(111) is characterised by scanning probe microscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy-based techniques. We observed that a transition from an ordered close-packed phase to a disordered diffuse phase is correlated with an on-surface cyclodehydrogenation reaction, and that additional heating of this diffuse phase gives rise to a single distinct nitrogen environment indicative of the formation of a Au–TPP species.
Related publication DOI
- Scanning tunneling microscopy
- Scanning tunneling microscopy, self-metalation, tetraphenylporphyrin, Au(111)
- Physical sciences::Chemistry
- Q Science::QP Physiology::QP501 Animal biochemistry
- University of Nottingham, UK Campus::Faculty of Science::School of Physics and Astronomy
Data typeScanning tunneling microscope images, low energy electron diffraction images and X-ray photoelectron related spectra.
- Judd, Chris J.
- Champness, Neil R.
- Jones, Robert G.
- Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council
- Royal Society
- Diamond Light Source
Data collection methodCreaTec LT STM, Scienta Omicron LT STM, Scienta Omicron POLAR LT STM, MCP-LEED, Synchrotron X-ray source (Diamond Light Source)